Wide operating voltage range: 4-28V
Can output 3.3V power supply
Blocking time, adjustable distance
Using special signal processing control chip RCWL-9196
Compared with the traditional infrared induction PIR, the penetration detection ability
About pin header:
CDS = No connection
VIN = 5vdc (+) (9v battery also Ok)
OUT = 3.3vdc signal out when triggered
GND = 0vdc (-)
3V3 = No connection (in most applications)
C-TM: Adjust repeat trigger time (default 2 s). Adding a capacitor will give a longer repeat trigger time.
R-GN: Detection distance adjustment (default 7 m). Adding a resistor the detection distance will become shorter. If connected with a 1-MΩ resistor, detection range is about 5 m.
R-CDS: By adding a resistor (in parallel with the internal 1-MΩ resistor), user can change the light detection threshold as per individual requirement. This is applicable only when a light sensor is soldered in its pads (CDS) on the front of the circuit board. A 47-100K resistor works fine with standard 5-mm LDRs
5 X RCWL-0516 Module Microwave Radar Sensor
5 X 4P Bend Pin Headers
Q: Can you use the RCWL-0516 with an ESP8266? Or will you get random false positive results?
A: I’ve done a short term test with the ESP8266 on a NodeMCU board. It seems to work just fine. The ESP greater Version 12-E is shielded and is FCC certified. So it should, by definition, not interfere with other electronics. However, one viewer reported random false positive results on a long shot.
Q: Is the water in the human body responsible for the detection?
A: Probably. I tested it with one empty and one water filled bottle. And even with a cat. And it seems that the bigger the object the further away it can be detected.
- Feature: The module has the characteristics of high sensitivity, high induction distance, high reliability, large induction angle, wide power supply voltage range, etc. it is widely used in various kinds of human body induction lighting and alarm and so on
- Works with Nodemcu Document link: https://github.com/jxmot/ESP8266-RCWL0516#rcwl0516-details
- Works with Arduino Document link : https://www.hackster.io/remnis/coolest-motion-detection-sensor-ever-d2d688
- It can work with (for) arduino/nodemcu/wemos etc.; It can detect human, cat, rat, water
- How to email us? Please click “Dragino”(you can find Sold by Dragino under Buy Now button), in the new page, click “Ask a question” to email us