Wireless indoor and outdoor motion monitoring Our new and improved wireless motion sensor makes activating lights or scenes based on movement easier and more reliable than ever. When used with the Insteon Hub, your home’s security is always safe, at home or away, day or night. The Insteon Motion Sensor II is ideal for areas in your home where lights are commonly left on like the laundry room, closets, and the garage. This wireless motion sensor can be paired directly to switches, outlets, and plugs without an app or hub – reducing setup time to seconds. For a more customized setup and configuration experience, pair the sensor with the Insteon Hub (2245-222) using the free Insteon for Hub mobile app. In addition to configuring when and how the motion sensor will activate lighting, the Insteon Hub allows you to turn the motion sensor into an alert system, pushing messages to your phone when there’s motion in a particular area of the home.
- Turns on Insteon-controlled lights/appliances when motion is detected and then off after motion stops – 30 seconds or adjustable up to 40 min when using with Insteon Hub (2245-222)
- Link with up to 24 devices & 30 feet detection range with up to 90° arc
- Mount on a wall, in a corner, or simply place on a shelf
- Adjustable day/night threshold – optional night-only mode prevents motion from turning lights on during the day
- Battery operated (included) or can be connected to Micro USB for always-on power and RF signal repeating (2822-222 cable sold separately)