This passive infrared (pir) sensor detects motion and sends a Z-Wave trigger signal to the network. It also detects changes in temperatures and reports the temperature to the network whenever a significant change has occurred. It also has a tamper-proof switch, which will trigger a Z-Wave signal when the cover is removed. These trigger signals can be used to activate various other devices and perform preprogrammed tasks. When the sensor is included into a secured Z-Wave network, all communications will be encrypted using AES encryption.
- Motion detection: This device uses a passive infrared sensor and sends a Z-Wave Plus signal when motion is detected within its detection range.
- Temperature sensor: This sensor detects changes in temperature and reports the temperature to the network whenever a significant change has occurred. Z-wave Plus: Z-Wave Plus devices act as signal repeaters for the Z-Wave Plus network
- Easy to install: This sensor comes with everything you need to install it into an existing Z-Wave Plus network, including mounting screws, adhesive tape and a battery.
- This Monoprice Z-Wave product supports the smart apps iOS and Android applications developed by rboy apps
- Features Supports the following: allows Monoprice smart home products to work with SmartThings. (Not all devices are currently supported by the platform) | allows SmartThings to automatically recognize new devices and select the correct device handlers